ArjunurFriend

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Comments on Incident atIISC Banglore

I was shocked to read the news that was the headlines in all the news dailies. Yes, I am talking about the firing at IISc Bangalore by a Gunman which claimed the life of Dr. Puri and injured four professors who had been on a visit to IISc Bangalore for an International conference.

This is not the only one of this kind for this season; there have been several incidents of late. Last week there was a threat mail to the parliament, previously the bomb blast in Delhi busy market area just before Diwali, the militant attacks in Kashmir (The head of Mother India!) and much before that the famous 9/11 incident that shook the whole world! Why are these things happening?? Haven’t we as the resident of this earth had the right to live.

Yesterday afternoon I was in IIIT Hyderabad campus using the library. Least did I expect IIIT Hyderabad on Red Alert after the incident at IISc Bangalore!! What was the guarantee that the same incident would have happened any where for that matter! Are we safe to go to any place, or leave alone anywhere are we safe at out homes!


Who are the people behind all this? Why should they terrorize innocent people? Who taught them to kill innocent people? Where did all this negative thought come inside the world? The only story that I attribute all these incidents is the opening of “The Pandora Box”!! How I wish the box was not opened!!


At the top level are the terrorist organizations, which want to instill the feeling of fear in people to proclaim their religion or race or nation as superior!! But are these are the only people. NO. There are so many more to the list. There is underground “mafia” and at the glass root level are the henchmen who are paid to kill people. I am very upset about the way the direction in which the world is heading? On one side we have remarkable achievements in technology that are helping us ease our lives but on the other side are the constant threat to life. Am I safe today?


I don’t want this to continue happening. I don’t want the world to get unsafe and a threatening place to survive in. I want future generations to experience the joy of living in this wonderful planet. But will this happen?

There must be something wrong somewhere that has led to all this. What is the cause? Can I do something to stop all this? I don’t know? I am thinking about it. If you people can think of anything that we (you, me and others who also feel this way) can do to stop just incidents from happening just share it with me. I will be glad to play my part. We can change the world (though not in a day!) slowly but change it for the good for the better. After all

PEACE IS OUR BIRTHRIGHT WE SHOULD HAVE IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home